We want to give families a chance to vacation at camp and enjoy all that Bluestone has to offer; Bible study, hiking, crafts, pool time, canoeing and more! Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a “traditional” family to sign up! As Presbyterians we are good at thinking outside the box and that’s exactly what we did. A “family” at Family Camp could be parents bringing their children, but it could also be a couple who wants some time away to regroup and unwind, it could be a youth leader bringing some youth from their church, it could even be some best friends who want to relax and catch up.
Your “family group” will be the people in your bubble who you would be comfortable living with during your time at camp. We know people are busy and not everyone will be able take advantage of a full week at Bluestone, so we have several different “stay options” available each week. Check dates on our schedule to see which dates work best for your family group!
What can you expect?
- Each family group gets their own cabin that can sleep up to 8 people.
- Each family group will have an assigned table in the lodge for dining.
- The majority of activities will be done exclusively with your family group – ex Bible Study, crafts, games
- We will do “all camp” activities when we can – energizers, skits, talent show, but we will do them in a socially distant way
- As a family group, you have the option to participate or not. If you want to skip a meal and plan your own activity offsite, go for it! Want to structure every hour of your day? We can do that too!
- CDC guidelines will be followed to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Most importantly, it will be a week of fun, relaxing, and reconnecting with God and the people you love.
Here’s a sample schedule of what a camp day might look like:
9:30-10:30 Family Group Activity 1
10:30-11:30 Family Group Activity 2
1:00-2:00 All Camp Activity
2:00-3:00 Family Group Activity 3
3:30-4:30 Family Group Activity 4
7:30-8:30 All Camp Activity
Longer time-periods may be required for particular activities, so there will be tons of flexibility for a family group to take a whole morning or afternoon when needed!